This Peerless-Harvard dental chair sat above the First State Bank building on the northwest corner of the square in Winchester. It is believed to have been used by Dr. J. Walton Dace, who ran a practice in the front suite of the bank starting in 1896. Dr. Dace was known to always have the latest equipment; he brought the first x-ray to Winchester and even owned the first automobile in town!
Another dentist, Dr. Warner E. Harper, had a dental practice on the senond floor of the bank building starting in 1927 and continuing into the 1950s. Many local people remember sitting in the chair during visits to Dr. Adalai E. Barrow who had a dental practice above the bank in the 1950s.